Time: 2.30 Hrs. M.M.: 75
Note: Attempt any 10 questions.
1. Data is.................. information
2. A database is a collection of........... data.
3. The.........or View level includes a number of external schemes or user views.
4. The third normal form (3NF) is based on the concept of.......... dependency.
5. The relationship between entity sets is represented by a model named the E-R diagram. (T/F)
6. Most attributes have a single value for a particular entity. (T/F)
7. The entity integrity constraint states that no primary key value can be zero. (T/F)
8. The only attribute value not permitted by INF is Single atomic value. (T/F)
9. What is a database?
10. What is a Relational model?
11. What is an Entity?
12. Data control commands (DCL) does not allow you to control access to data within the database. (T/F)
Note: Attempt any 5 questions. 5 x 6 = 30
13. What are the disadvantages of the Conventional file system and how they were removed in the centralized database system?
14. What do you mean by Data model? Explain various classes of data models.
15. What do you mean by data independence? Explain various types of Data independence.
16. What are the various types of normal forms? Discuss.
17. What is the difference between the Drop table and the Delete table? Explain by using the suitable examples.
18. Define functional dependency. Explain fully functional dependency and partial functional dependency.
19. What are the steps involved in query processing? Explain How would you estimate the cost of the query?
Note: Attempt any 5 questions. 5 x 7 = 35
20. Write short notes on the following
(i) Keys (ii) DBMS Language
(iii) Data Definition Language (DDL) (iv) Integrity constraints
21. Explain the E-R model in detail by giving a suitable diagram.
22. Explain the CREATE command with syntax and example.
(i) The Primary Key (ii) The Super key (iii) The Candidate key (iv) The Foreign key
23. (a) Give at least five differences between RDBMS and DBMS
(b) Define the CREATE command with syntax and example.
24. Define normalization and explain INF, 2NF, 3N.
25. What is a transaction in DBMS and explain transaction properties?
26. What are the various Locking methods used in Database security? Explain with an example of how lost update problem using 2PL can be prevented?