Course: Information Technology
Time: 2.30 Hrs. M.M.: 100
Note: Attempt any 10 questions. 2 x 10 = 20
1. MIDI stands for............
2. In animation, you run...........at very high speed.
3. WMRM stands for............. 4. Sound format more in use now a day is................
5. RTF stands for...........
6. Compression techniques arc of two types............ and............
7. Multimedia application cannot be run on Internet. (True/False)
8. Odour is not used in multimedia. (True/False)
9. Hypertext allows you to have anchors from one section to another. (True/False)
10. Data on the CD-ROM will be affected by humidity. (True/False)
11. The laser beam is used to store data on CD-ROM. (True/False)
12. CD-ROMs arc high density memory device. (True/False)
Note: Attempt any 5 questions. 5 x 6 = 30
13. Define the term: Hypertext and Hyper graphics.
14. What is the process of animation?
15. What types of hardware and software is used for creating multimedia?
16. What do you understand by compressing? Write the name of types of lossless compression?
17. What do you understand by digital audio? explain in short.
18. Discuss the types of voice recognition systems.
19. Define the image quality and compression ratio.
Note: Attempt any 5 questions. 5 x 10 = 50
20. Define the multimedia and explain its basic components.
21. Explain the following file format with an example.
22. Explain the JPEG compression and its components.
23. Write down the process of LZW with an example.
24. Explain the TIFF specification and TIFF structure in detail.
25. Explain the Zig Zag coding with an example.
26. Write short notes on any two:
a) MPEG Standards
b) Editing sound and video clips in flash.