Course: 05, 12
Time: 2.30 Hrs. M.M.: 80
Section - A
Note: Attempt any ten questions. 10 x 1 = 10
1. According to Joule’s Law of heating heat produced in a conductor; H =…...
2. Unit of Electric Conductivity is .......................
3. One Kilowatt-hour (KWH) = ......................... Joules.
4. If P is the number of poles of Armature and N is the speed of Rotation, then Frequency= PN/?
5. The Efficiency of Lead-acid cell is between .......................
6. There is a parallel error in a Digital Multimeter. (True/False)
7. NOT, AND and OR gates are universal gates. (True/False)
8. Gary code can be obtained from Binary code. (True/False)
9. All types of flip flops can be converted into each other. (True/False)
10. (11011. 011 )2 ------ ( ? ) . (True/False)
11. If n is the no. of Input pins in a (Mux.); the & output is 1. (True/False)
Section – B
Note : Attempt any Five questions:- 5 x 6 = 30
12. Explain Ohm’s Law? What is the Effect of Temperature on Resistance?
13. What do you mean by R.M.S. Value in A.C. circuits? What is the significance of Average Value in A.C.?
14. Explain the charging and discharging process in Lead-acid battery with diagram.
15. Explain ‘N’ and ‘P’ type semiconductors? What is the effect of Temperature on Semiconductors?
16. Explain Digital Multimeter in detail with diagram and its working principle.
17. Explain the difference between a Latch and a flip-flop. Its Operation using waveforms and truth tables of RS, T and D Flip-Flop.
18. What is the difference between Analog and digital signal? Applications and advantages of Binary, Octal, and Hexadecimal Number System.
Section – C
Notes: Attempt any Five question:- 5 x 8 = 40
19. What is a Half-adder and a full adder? Implement full adder using half adder circuits? Also explain Half and Full subtractor circuit, its design and Implementation?
20. What do you mean by Positive and Negative Logic? Discuss Symbols and Truth Tables of NOT, AND, OR, NAND, NOR, EXOR Gates? Why NAND and NOR Gates are used as universal gates?
21. Discuss various types of codes in a digital system with examples. What is Excess-3 code and Gary code? Explain the concept of parity, single and Error detection code.
22. What is a “Junction transistor”? Explain the principle and operating characteristics of BJT and also its Application with figure.
23. What is ‘DeMorgan’s Law/Theorem? What is the ‘Combinational Logic circuit and how Komaugh’s Map is used to develop a combinational circuit; use three-variable (A, B, C) to Implement half and foil adder circuit?
24. Explain Number System in a digital system. Explain “Logic Family” classification in detail.
25. With Proper Design and Chemical Reactions explain Lead-Acid Battery Operation and Formation in detail. What are the Applications of Lead-Acid Storage cell?